If you own a bouchon and wish to become a member of the Les Bouchons Lyonnais association, this page is for you!
The Board of the association consists of:
- President: Benoît Josserand, Lyon bouchon.
- Vice-president: Yann Lalle, Lyon bouchon.
- Secretary: Florence Périer, Lyon bouchon.
- Deputy Secretary: Joseph Viola, Lyon bouchon.
- Treasurer: Joël Salzi, Lyon bouchon.
- Deputy Treasurer: Emmanuel Tachon-Foley, Lyon bouchon.
To join the association, you need to:
- Agree to a visit from an auditor who will come to the restaurant as a “secret” customer. After the meal the auditor will introduce himself/herself to the restaurateur and ask for a tour of the kitchen.
- The auditor communicates the audit report to the board of the association, who will decide whether or not the bouchon is eligible for membership.
The membership cost is:
- annual subscription of €231,70 excl. VAT por 2018
- The first year, €404 excl. VAT as a contribution to the promotional kit.
- Audit cost for a Lyon Bouchon: €485 excl. VAT, €525 excl. VAT for an audit to be awarded the Title of Maître restaurateur.
The audit includes twenty criteria split into five major categories: food products, personnel and customer relations, interior décor, the environment and exteriors, and finally health, safety and cleanliness. An architectural benchmark designed by a national heritage architect lists the essential and proscribed elements in a bouchon.
Certified restaurants benefit from a promotional kit so they can be identified by national and international customers. This kit includes:
- A hand-made enamel plate for the front of the bouchon.
- A diploma to be displayed inside the restaurant.
- Les Bouchons Lyonnais embroidered on the personnel’s aprons.
- Promotion via the different communication tools of the Greater Lyon Tourist Office.